We’ve got some good news and some bad news. For the sake of brevity, I’m going to just get the bad news out of the way first: sadly, we will not be hosting Garden Party again this year.
It’s a bummer, we know. We all had a lot of fun at last year’s event. It’ll be back next summer, I promise; the cards just didn’t fall into place for us to host a major event at the current juncture.
Now for the good news: We’ve planned a whole slew of other events for the month of August to make up for it. As always, you can find details for all of our events on our Facebook page, but here’s the overview:
- FOOD TRUCK ROUNDUP: Kicking things off this Saturday is our monthly Food Truck Roundup. It’s going to be a hot day, so we’ll have our roll-up door open, our sexy new ceiling fans on their highest setting, and a ton of cold beer waiting for you.
- BEER + YOGA: We’ve got three more summer sessions of Beer + Yoga (Aug. 2nd, Aug. 9th, and Aug. 16th). These will lead up to an epic summer yoga blowout at Carrie Furnace on Aug. 23rd. Tickets can be purchased here for $10, with $5 from each ticket going towards the Pittsburgh Yoga Collective, a local nonprofit who brings the practice of yoga and mindfulness to under-served and at-risk populations in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.
- BEER + ICE CREAM SANDWICHES III: If yoga wasn’t enough, we’ll be teaming up with our good friends from Leona’s for Beer + Ice Cream Sandwiches III. Tickets are $35 (tax, tip, fees included) and can be purchased here. We’ll be releasing more details (including the menu) soon, but based on our previous experiences working with the Leona’s gals, it’s guaranteed to be awesome.
- BRADDOCK VFD FUNDRAISER: To close out the month, we’re hosting an open party to support the Braddock Volunteer Fire Department. The crew will be on site with demos, the trucks, and other activities, while we will obviously be on hand with beer.
If that’s not enough, here’s a few other things we’ll be celebrating in August:
- I will be turning 25, most likely retaining my position as Pittsburgh’s youngest brewery owner
- Head brewer Zach Gordon will be brewing his 100th batch of beer as part of the Brew Gentlemen team, a momentous occasion indeed
- The release of a special new beer in conjunction with Ales for ALS , with a portion of the profits going towards ALS research (we’re one of three PA breweries chosen to do so)
- The release of our BGxAHA collaboration beer with the American Homebrewer’s Association
- Driftwood Oven will be joining us in Braddock for the first time to cook some pizzas (Aug. 2nd)
- DJs & BeerJs Vols. 13-16 (every Thursday in the taproom)
- Cask Friday, now with added dankness (Aug. 7th)
We always tell ourselves that next month, we’re going to slow down, take it easy, and fly under the radar. Then we look down at our calendar and realize we’ve somehow booked ourselves to hell and back. Fortunately for us, we’re having a blast doing all of these crazy things, and we hope you can join us for a few of them. Stay cool, family.